Year composed: 2015
Instrumentation: amplified violin, viola, and speaker
Duration (approx.): 10′
Commissioned by and dedicated to the Third Angle New Music Ensemble.
Text by Sandra Stone
- speaker should use a microphone and should not overpower the instruments.
- violin and viola are to be amplified by either use of a contact microphone or close mic placement.
- there are two pre-sets that need to be activated by an audio technician at points indicated in the score:
- PRESET 1 should be a brighter tone with substantial reverb and long decay, ideally enough to create a kind of blur when there’s tremolo.
- PRESET 2 should be a warm, glowing, gentler tone with moderate to light reverb.
- both presets should allow for a wide dynamic range without becoming distorted or over powering the speaker.
Copyright © Jay Derderian & Sandra Stone (ASCAP), 2017. All Rights Reserved.